1998 Data Protection Act, Consent to Process Personal Information
The personal information collected on this site will be processed by the University in accordance with the terms and conditions of the 1998 Data Protection Act. We will hold your data securely and not make it available to any third party unless permitted or required to do so by law. The requested information will be used as follows:
What information will we collect?
We will collect the email address you use to register, the password that you provide, which cases you play and usage details of how you play those cases.
What will we do with the information we collect.
- The information collected will be used to provide the uchoose services and to deal with your requests and enquiries.
- "service administration purposes", which means that the we may contact you for reasons related to providing uchoose as a service e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you of changes to the service.
- contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide.
- Use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not.
- Analyse and improve the service offered by uchoose.
- Provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Who will we share this information with and why
- Sometimes we work with third parties to deliver cases, in collaboration with the university, for educational and training purposes. The University requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and the UWE requires that they do not use your personal information for their own purposes, unless you have consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
How long will we keep your information.
- We will keep your information for 3 years and then anonymise it so we can still use it for summative statistical purposes. e.g. 750 learners have played this case
Where will you keep my information
- The information will be stored on university servers located in the UK.
When will you contact me?
- In order to ensure that we can deliver the uchoose service to you.
- In relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about uchoose;
- To invite you to participate in surveys about uchoose and its educational content (participation is always voluntary);
- When monitoring new registrations and we do not recognise your email domain, we may ask about your interest in uchoose and invite you to discuss your needs with us.
The University Data Controller is William Marshall, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Finance ＆ Commercial Developments.